Privacy Notice and Policy
Welcome to the Privacy Notice and Policy for Nautilus Biotechnology, Inc. At Nautilus Biotechnology, Inc. (which, along with any affiliates or subsidiaries, is also referred to herein as “Nautilus”, “we”, “us”, or possessively as “our” or “ours”), we are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information. Please review this Privacy Notice and Policy carefully, as it will inform you of how we take care of the personal information provided to us when you use the Nautilus website (“Site”) , and will provide you with our policy for the protection of your personal information, regardless of the location from which you are accessing our Site. This notice will also tell you about your privacy rights, and how the law protects you.
- In your use of our Site, you may be actively or passively disclosing certain information from and about you that Nautilus may be collecting. This may include personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) that you are asked to submit in filling out any on-line order form, requests for proposals, on-line customer or visitor registration, on-line requests for product and/or service information, and inquiries or submissions in response to potential or actual posted or unposted Nautilus career opportunities. The information may include your contact information, such as your name, title, address, telephone number(s), e-mail address(es), company/organization name and address, and ordering and billing details, and in the case of career submissions, employment and education history and other information of a personal nature. While your use of the Site and provision of this information is your choice, there may be instances where your failure to provide such information may limit you from accessing certain areas of the Site, certain products and/or services offered through the Site, or visibility of certain career opportunities that may be posted only through the Site. If you do not wish to submit such information through the Site, you may contact Nautilus by clicking the email@example.com link on the Site, or through the contact information for Nautilus provided on the Site.
- In addition to the information described above, when you are using our Site you may be providing, and Nautilus may be collecting, certain other information (also included within “Personal Information for purposes of this Notice and Policy), including the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website from which you have accessed our Site, the URLs that you have visited on our Site, the content you access, the functions, products, or services you use on our Site, your location information, the date and time of your visit(s) to our Site, information about your computer or the device with which you are accessing our Site (e.g., your computer’s operating system, your computer’s unique identifier, the browser you are using to access our Site, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you are accessing the Site). While some of this information is collected through your voluntary submissions of information, some of the information is collected through the use of “cookies”, which may be placed onto your computer, or through other technologies.
- We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. When we make changes, we will post the changed Policy at the Site and it will become effective immediately. Your continued access to or use of the Site represents your acceptance of such changed Policy.
- Your Personal Information may also be combined or aggregated with information from other visitors to our Site such that the aggregated information no longer personally identifies you. We may use and process the aggregated information for the general purpose of evaluating our market and/or business trends, our customer and user demographics, interests and behavior, our past and future product and/or service offerings and/or pricing, or other aspects of our business. We may share such aggregated information with our business partners, vendors, distributors or other collaborators, for these same purposes. We may also sell or license such aggregate information to one or more third parties for use and processing in a similar manner.
- Nautilus will process and transfer your Personal Information where you have consented to us doing so. In addition, there are a number of instances where we do not require your consent to engage in the processing or transfer of your Personal Information. We are not required to and may lawfully choose not to solicit your consent for the processing or transfer of your Personal Information for those purposes where we have a legal basis for doing so. Examples of these legal bases include where:
- the transfer or processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between you or your company/organization and Nautilus (e.g., in providing services to you, to provide customer service or support, to ensure our and your compliance with a contract or policy, to ensure the security of our services, and/or to share information with our business partners or service providers);
- the transfer or processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party (e.g., to inform you about our products and services, to personalize your experiences on our Site, to conduct research, product development or improvement of our products and services)
- the transfer or processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, the public interest, or to protect your vital interests (e.g., to maintain legal compliance, to respond to legal orders, or to prevent harm);
- Nautilus has implemented and follows appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of your Personal Information. However, you should know that neither we nor any other Internet site can fully eliminate security risks to your Personal Information, and Nautilus shall not be liable for any unauthorized access.
- to enforce any applicable contract between us
- to prevent abuse of the Site or our products and/or services
- to comply with any laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we do business or are otherwise subject to its laws
- as we deem necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Nautilus, its employees, customers, users or others, or
- in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- In accordance with this Policy, Nautilus may disclose, transfer and/or share your Personal Information in the ordinary course of business to our affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, consultants, contractors, service providers, vendors, and other third parties we use to support our business, including, without limitation, our authorized distributors, marketing partners, hosting providers and payment processors. We may also disclose, transfer and/or share your Personal Information to and with third parties, in order to conduct or conclude business transfers, such as in the sale or purchase of businesses, mergers, consolidations, or liquidations.
- Unless you tell us otherwise by “unsubscribing” or “opting out”, we may also contact you regarding other products, services and related information that may be of interest to you. You can generally exercise your right to unsubscribe or opt out of such communications by setting your preferences on the Site, or by indicating your choice when submitting forms through the Site. Additionally, you may unsubscribe or opt out of such communications by sending a letter to Nautilus Biotechnology, Inc., 201 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94007, Attn: Legal/Privacy. Please note that you may not opt out of communications for which we have a contractual basis for contacting you (e.g., to provide you with updates to our products and/or services, to provide customer service and/or support, to resolve billing issues, etc.).
- SPECIAL NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. In addition to what is set forth in the Policy above, California residents have additional rights with respect to their Personal Information. These are the right to:
- request additional disclosures about your Personal Information that we collect, use, disclose and sell
- request access to and deletion of your personal information
- opt out of the sale of your personal information, and
- obtain a copy of your personal information
Nautilus will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the foregoing rights.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights as a California resident, you may contact Nautilus at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Attn: Legal/California Privacy Rights” in the subject line. You may also submit your request by mail to Nautilus Biotechnology, Inc., 201 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94007, Attn: Legal/California Privacy Rights. To exercise your rights to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, you may contact Nautilus as provided above. We will review your request and respond in the manner and within the timeframe prescribed by law. Please note that while we will endeavor to abide by your requests, your rights as described herein are not absolute, and Nautilus reserves all rights available to us at law in this regard. In addition, where your data has been de-identified, Nautilus is not obligated, nor shall we attempt to re-identify such data in response to a request hereunder.
Any request that you make hereunder will require that you submit a valid means of identification as a security precaution. We will attempt to match the identifying information you provide when making your request to Personal Information maintained by us. If it is necessary to collect additional information from you to locate your Personal Information, we will use that information only for verification purposes and we will delete it as soon as practicable after complying with your request. Requests for particularly sensitive information may necessitate additional means of identification.
- If you are a resident of the European Union and/or are accessing the Site in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, then the below rights may apply in addition to what is set forth in the Policy, above.
- Right of access: You have the right to request copies of the Personal Information that we maintain, subject to certain exemptions and limitations in what we can provide to you. We will inform you of any such limitations or exemptions in responding to your request.
- Right to correction: You have the right to request that we correct your Personal Information that we maintain and that you believe is inaccurate, or to complete information that is incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information that we maintain. There may be circumstances where we will not be able to erase your Personal Information (e.g., account information related to purchase and service history, necessary for accounting, audit and compliance purposes, back-up and archival copies, and information that we are required to maintain by law)
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances (e.g., requesting that we limit the way in which we use your “Personal Data” (as defined under the GDPR) where you are concerned about the accuracy of the data or how it is being used)
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Where it is appropriate that we comply with your request, we will stop processing your information for the use you have objected to
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal information which you have provided to us. You also have the right to have us send your personal information to another organization where our lawful basis for the processing is your consent, or where the processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement and the processing is carried out by automated means.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your Personal Information or wish to exercise one of your rights relating to the European Economic Area, you may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, stating “Attn: Legal/EEA Privacy Rights” in the subject line, or by mail at Nautilus Biotechnology, Inc., 201 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94007, Attn: Legal/EEA Privacy Rights. Additionally, if our processing of your Personal Information is covered by EU law you may also lodge a complaint with the corresponding data protection supervisory authority in your country of residence.
- The Site and our products and services are not intended for, nor are they directed towards minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors that use the Site or our products and/or services.
- If you have additional questions, you may contact Nautilus about this Policy by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Attn: Legal/Privacy” in the subject line, or by mail to Nautilus Biotechnology, Inc., 201 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA 94007, attention: Legal/Privacy.